Communities benefit from volunteerism in so many ways.
- Problems are solved by interested stakeholders.
- The members of the community bond and work collaboratively.
- The larger general population becomes aware of and helps address the needs of the smaller community.
- Communities develop a shared vision of their future and work toward making life better.
Volunteers benefit intrinsically from community service in sometimes unexpected ways.
- Develop a work ethic to see a project through to the end.
- Broaden their perspective of the world and its diverse and inclusive citizens.
- Discover hidden talents and interests.
- Uncover biases, dislikes, and aversions.
- Grow character by focusing on others.
- Learn to interact with diverse people.
- Discover the intrinsic rewards of a job well done.
- Build stamina to solve difficult problems.
- Develop leadership, communication, and management skills
- Build teamwork and organizational skills
- Build confidence in your own ideas and abilities.